Hasegawa JT25 09125 Vought F4U-4 Corsair 1/48 Military Aeroplane Scale Model
DescriptionThe Vought F4U Corsair is an American fighter aircraft that saw service primarily in World War II and the Korean War. This static display scale model by Hasegawa is one of the models that level 3 scale builders would absolutely love. This detailed scale aircraft includes decals with options and illustrated intructions.
Single engine, carrier based, single seat fighter aircraft. The Corsair was primarily used as an offensive fighter and ground attack aircraft. It was powered by the Pratt & Whitney R-2800 radial engine which required the classic inverted gull wing design for sufficient propeller propellor clearance. The F4U-4 was a late WWII version with a much increased load carrying capacity for ground-attack missions, including the ability to carry bombs and HVAR rockets. It was widely used by the Navy and Marines in Korea.
Product Features :
- 1/48th scale for static display
- 49 parts in lt grey and clear with fine raised panel lines
- Detailed cockpit with seat, instrument panels and side consoles
- Engine representation includes crankcase and front row of cylinders
- Each main gear leg constists of 3 parts with a single piece wheel assembly
- External stores include 2 drop tanks
- Detailed wheel wells
- One decal sheet with markings for 2 aircraft
- 1: BuNo 81925, VF-193 "Ghostriders", US Navy
- 2: BuNo 96845, VMF-323 "Deathrattlers", US Marine Corps Airframe
- Colors Both: Overall Gloss Sea Blue
- Additional paints Required
- Flat: Black, White, Grey, Interior Green, Brown
- Gloss Colors: Blue, Red, Yellow, Gunmetal, Chrome Silver
Skill Level : 3
Age : 14+
Length : 20.5 cm
Wingspan : 23.6 cm
Made in Japan
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!