Hasegawa JT60 09060 Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB w/ Teardrop Canopy 1/48 Scale Model Kit
Currently Out Of Stock
Notify me when this item is back in stock
DescriptionHasegawa creates their take of the Hawker Typhoon with the JT60 Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB with Teardrop Canopy on 1/48th scale. Conceived as a fighter interceptor to supersede the Hurricane and Spitfire, the Typhoon became famous as a low level ground attack aircraft. This was thanks to it's heavy cannon armament and ability to carry up to 2000lbs of bombs or 8 rocket projectiles. The Typhoon was powered by a unique H-configured 24 cylinder Napier-Sabre engine rated at over 2,000 horsepower. The version in this kit is the late Mk.Ib with the teardrop canopy. Highly detailed model kit includes waterslide decals and illustrated instructions.
The Hawker Typhoon (Tiffy in RAF slang), was a British single-seat fighter-bomber, produced by Hawker Aircraft. It was intended to be a medium–high altitude interceptor, as a replacement for the Hawker Hurricane but several design problems were encountered and it never completely satisfied this requirement.
- JT60 09060 Typhoon Mk.IB with Teardrop Canopy 1/48 Scale Model Assembly Kit
- Approximate Dimension : 34 x 19 x 5 cm
- 1/48th scale kit for static display
- 83 parts molded in medium grey and clear with fine recessed panel lines
- Fully detailed cockpit features tubular structure, armour plate, seat, instrument panel and foot boards
- Detailed radiator assembly and optional exhaust stacks included
- Kit builds a tear drop canopy Typhoon where the canopy may be posed open or closed.
- Scale: 1/48th
- Wingspan: 26.4 cm
- Length: 20.25 cm
- One decal sheet with 2 marking options
- 1: Typhoon Ib, MN316/ZY-B, 247 Sqdn, Royal Air Force
- 2: Typhoon Ib, JR128/HF-L, 183 Sqdn, Royal Air Force
- Airframe Colors
- 1 & 2: Top: Ocean Grey/Dk Green camouflage; Bottom: Sky Grey
- Additional Paints Required
- Flat: British Interior Grey Green, Black, Yellow, White, Red, Sky
- Assembly required
- Plastic cement (tes3501)(tes3502)(pls00002)(tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c)(xacx3201)(exl16001)
- Tweezers (tam74003)(exl30416)(tes50632c)
- Water for Decals
- Paint: see Marking Options
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (tam74050)(zon37-145)(squ10801)(xacx7144)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips (adc121)
- Adult Supervision
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!