Hasegawa JT97 19197 Nakajima E8N1 Type 95 Recon Seaplane Dave 1/48 Model Kit
DescriptionThere is a reason why most of Hasegawa's 1/48th scale models are on limited edition. They are set to the highest of Hasegawa's standards. The JT97 Nakajima E8N1 Type 95 Reconnaissance Seaplane (Dave) is a great kit that every Japanese WWII aircraft aficionados would have their hands on. With its assembly guide laid out and illustrated very clearly, this kit would be fantastic for builders of any age.
The Nakajima E8N was a Japanese ship-borne, catapult-launched, reconnaissance seaplane of the Second Sino-Japanese War. It was a single-engine, two-seat biplane with a central main-float and underwing outriggers. During the Pacific War, it was known to the Allies by the reporting name "Dave".
Produced between 1935 and 1940, the Nakajima E8N1 was a mainstay reconnaissance ship launched seaplane for the Imperial Japanese Navy during the second Sino-Japanese war. With a total production of 755 aircraft, what became known as the "Dave" to the allies in World War II was also used extensively for dive bombing and artillery spotting before the outbreak of the Second World War. The aircraft saw limited service at the beginning of the Pacific War but was phased out of frontline service in 1942.
- Hasegawa JT97 Nakajima E8N1 Type 95 Reconnaissance Seaplane Dave 1/48 Model Assembly Kit
- Approximate Dimension : 36 x 19 x 7.5 cm
- Highly detailed plastic pieces
- Limited edition
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel
- Detailed landing gear
- Waterslide decals
- Illustrated instructions
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 18.6 cm
- Wingspan: 23.1 cm
- Parts: 116
- One decal sheet with markings for 2 versions
- 1) Equipped to the battleship Kirishima 1938
- 2) Equipped to the seaplane tender Kamoi (Camouflage paint estimated) 1938
- Assembly required
- Hobby knife (rmx886909)
- Cement for plastics (tes3512)
- Sprue cutters (hcahcar0630)
- Paint (Black, Red, Silver, Copper, Neutral Gray, Nakajima IJN Green, IJA Green, Steel, Flat Base, Flat Black, Red Brown, Mahogany, Wood Brown, Clear Red, Clear Blue, Flesh, Burnt Iron, Flat White, Semi-Gloss Black, Mitsubishi Cockpit Color, Gray Green, Propeller Color, Tire Black)
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!