Hasegawa PT19 07219 US Air Force F-104C Starfighter 1/48 Plastic Scale Model Kit
DescriptionThe F-104C Starfighter by Hasegawa has been around for a long time! First released in 1978; and still, to date, it is one of the most in demand kit in the market. As usual with Hasegawa's kit, the molding is sharp and clean with a minimum of flash, and a wealth of detail. This model captures the lines of this plane that it epitomizes the US aeronautical philosophy. Don't miss this chance! A must-add in your collection.
Designed as a supersonic superiority fighter, the F-104 was produced in two major versions. Armed with a six-barrel M-61 20mm Vulcan cannon, it served as a tactical fighter, and when equipped additionally with heat-seeking Sidewinder missiles, as a day-night interceptor. Development of the F-104 began in 1952, and the first XF-104 made its initial flight in 1954. On May 18, 1958, an F-104A set a world speed record of 1,404.19 mph, and on Dec. 14, 1959, an F-104C set a world altitude record of 103,395 feet. The Starfighter was the first aircraft to hold simultaneous official world records for speed, altitude and time-to-climb.
The USAF procured about 300 Starfighters in one- and two-seat versions. In addition, more than 1,700 F-104s were built in the United States and abroad under the military aid program for various nations including Canada, West Germany, Italy, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Taiwan and Japan.
- Hasegawa PT19 07219 F-104C Starfighter 1/48 Plastic Scale Model Assembly Kit
- Approximate Dimensions : 36.3 x 19 x 7.2 cm
- 143 light grey plastic pieces molded to sprue trees
- Clear pieces for canopy included
- Single seat cockpit
- Recessed panel lines give authentic look
- Detailed cockpit and landing gear
- Two wingtip tanks
- Full armament package
- Detailed pictorial instructions
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 36.7 cm
- Wingspan: 16 cm
- One decal sheet with markings for two aircraft
- 1: 479th TFW, USAF George AFB, California 1963.
- 2: 479th TFW, USAF George AFB, California
- Aircraft Colors
- White, Black, Red, Yellow, Silver, Steel, Flat Base, Flat Black, Tan, Clear Red, Clear Yellow, Clear Orange, Clear Blue, Light Khaki, Khaki Green, Burnt Iron, Aircraft Gray, Gray
- Assembly required
- Plastic cement (tes3501)(tes3502)(pls00002)(tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c)(xacx3201)(exl16001) or Sprue Cutter (hcahcar0630)(tes8940)(exl55594)
- Tweezers (tam74003)(exl30416)(tes50632c)
- Water for Waterslide Decals
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (tam74050)(zon37-145)(squ10801)(xacx7144)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips (adc121)
- Adult Supervision
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!